Following a Clean and Lean lifestyle doesn’t mean you need to cut out everything out of your normal diet, and healthy living and eating right do not mean starving yourself of those foods that you love and crave. It’s all about balance, creativity, and having recipes, like the one below, in your arsenal!
Cauliflower Pizza is now a favorite in our house! Crispy and tasty crust takes lots of healthy toppings. Traditional red sauce or Pesto work super or mix it up with your favorite hummus! Buffalo Hummus here with chicken, pineapple, spinach and blue cheese is divine!
1 head cauliflower
½ cup mozzarella, shredded½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 500˚F/260˚C.
2. Remove the leaves and stem of the cauliflower and transfer pieces to a food processor.
3. Rice the cauliflower by pulsing it in the food processor, or by shredding it on a box grater.
4. Once riced, transfer to stove and steam for 4-5 minutes (or pop in the microwave for 4 minutes). Let it cool down for a few minutes before handling!
5. Transfer cooked cauliflower to a clean towel and wring out as much liquid as possible.
Place wrung cauliflower in a bowl and combine with mozzarella, oregano, basil, salt, 6. garlic powder, and an egg. Mix well.
6. garlic powder, and an egg. Mix well.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place cauliflower mixture in the middle. Spread out the mixture and form a circle out of the cauliflower mixture, pushing along the edge to raise a “crust.”
8. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust has become golden brown in the center and on the edges.
9. Top with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings, being careful not to overload the pizza. (we love a fresh tomato, garlic and basil purée)
10. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has fully melted.
For more recipe ideas check out our playlist at Hardy Health Gut on Facebook